Puree as needed for pureed stage
PER SERVING (entire recipe): 166 calories, 1g fat, 297mg sodium, 24g carbs, 0g fiber, 7g sugars, 14g protein -- POINTSŪ value 3*
1/2 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
1/2 container Jell-O Sugar Free Vanilla Pudding Snack
1/4 cup Cool Whip Free, thawed
2 tbsp. Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
Combine the ricotta cheese, pudding, Cool Whip, Splenda, and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth. Sprinkle with cocoa powder. Dig in!
GREEK-STYLE EGG SALAD
Susan Maria's Before & After Help (Powered by Invision Power Board)
4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
2 tablespoons sliced Kalamata or black olives
1/4 cup diced, seeded tomatoes
2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
2 teaspoons milk
Salt and black pepper to taste
2 tablespoons crumbled Feta cheese
Combine eggs, onion, olives and tomatoes. Stir in mayonnaise, milk, and seasonings until well mixed. Gently stir in cheese. Cover and chill. Makes 4 servings, 1/3 cup each.
Per Serving: 114 Cal; 8 g Protein; 7 g Tot Fat; 3 g Carb; 0 g Fiber; 3 g Sugar; 197 mg Sodium
This is one even the newly bypassed folk can have (maybe minus the fruit - check with your doc/NUT first):
1 packet Sugar Free Jello - Your favorite flavor
2 cups low- or no-fat cottage cheese
1 serving of vanilla protein powder
1 can or about 2 servings of fresh fruit
1. Blend cottage cheese and protein powder together in the blender. While it blends, boil one cup of water and If your fruit is canned, drain and run under water to rinse off excess sugars. Divide the fruit between 4 containers (I use the glad throwaway containers - they are just the right size).
2. When water boils add it to jello and dissolve. Slowly add the jello to cottage cheese/protein powder mixture and let the blender run for about a minute.
3. Pour the cottage cheese mixture evenly between the 4 containers.
4. Chill for 4 or more hours. Add a dollop of Redi-whip to the top and enjoy (real whipped cream, come on - it's only 20 calories, 2g fat, less than 1 carb).
It's SO SO SO good and I can't even explain it. It's like mousse with little bits of nirvana in it. I do this with:
- Orange Jello & Mandarin Orange Slices
- Lime jello and crushed pineapple
- strawberry jello and peaches
- cranberry jello & fresh raspberries
For a real treat add 2/3 cups of strawberries to the cottage cheese mixture along with the jello and pour over fresh strawberries.
About 160 calories 16g carbs, 16g protein, 3g fat