Weight Loss Surgery Forum

Go Back   Weight Loss Surgery Forum > Winning At Losing > Members Stories > USA Weight Loss Surgery > Military Spouse Weight Loss Surgery
Register

Notices

Enchanted
omorgan
4334 People Lost in total 158343 lbs = 12.14 %
Give us permission to add your
before & after Weight Loss Photos
Jaime
msrain
ReplyPost New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2010, 12:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
WLS Master Guru

Weight Statistics

January 2009
Start Date:
Sept 29, 2009
Surgery Date:
5' 2"
Height:
299 lb
Start Weight:
176 lb
Current Weight:
145 lb
Goal Weight:
123 lb
Weight Loss:
31 lb
Lb Left to Lose:
41.1371237458 %
% Lost:
Sept 2010
Goal Date:

Body Mass Index
BMI Start:
BMI Current:
BMI Goal:

Weight Loss Method
Roux en Y Gastric Bypass
Default Because i can...

What brought you to wanting wls? I was 28 yrs old and unhappy with the way i that i looked. Working in a corporate environment and wanting to move ahead, i needed to be more "marketable" AKA cutier then what i already was. I had tried diets before and lost weight, but gained it back quickly.
What was your story regarding insurance?BCN paid for it all except for 500.00 that was the deductible, which is cool because i don't have 47k
What did you do to prepare for the day? Ate my last meal @ Olive Garden, completed the detox, and window shopped for the clothing size i wanted to be. (PS i am almost there)
What was your type of WLS? Lap RNY
How did you emotionally adjust to being a new smaller size? I don't think i had too, there is a certain amount of vanity you have to have when doing something like this (you know, thinking you fine and seeing yourself getting finer by the minute).
How did your family adjust? Well, i don't have children, so that was no problem. My boyfriend thought i was nuts at first, but him and my mom supported me the best they knew how, and now they are both happy for me.
What complications did you have, and how did you cope with them? I had/have none. (knock on wood).
What you are now able to do that you weren't ? Shop at NY&CO, Forever 21, wear 4" heels and thigh high boots, cross my legs, run 3.1miles in 39 mins (personal best i am working on getting better),ride my boyfriend for 20 mins straight without stopping . Walk up stairs without passing out and wear a miniskirt.
What health problems you had that have now gone or reduced? hightblood pressure and diabetes.

"it's all a process"

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Alt Weight Loss Surgery Insurance
Yes, you can often get insurance cover for your Weight Loss Surgery.
Our own Craig "Big-T" Thompson has been there and done that, and he's written an e-book about it.

Old 08-09-2010, 01:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
WLS Mentor

Weight Statistics

forever... 10/2007 was my official start date for WLS
Start Date:
December 16, 2008
Surgery Date:
5' 3"
Height:
376 lb
Start Weight:
225 lb
Current Weight:
166 lb
Goal Weight:
151 lb
Weight Loss:
59 lb
Lb Left to Lose:
40.1595744681 %
% Lost:
no time limit... just want to be healthy
Goal Date:

Body Mass Index
BMI Start:
BMI Current:
BMI Goal:

Weight Loss Method
Roux en Y Gastric Bypass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonidoll View Post
...ride my boyfriend for 20 mins straight without stopping ...

ROFLMAO!! Very good point.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Heighest weight: 376
Lowest weight: 189
Current weight: 225
Goal weight: onederland
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-09-2010, 01:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
WLS Master Guru

Weight Statistics

since elementary school !!
Start Date:
August 3rd, 2009
Surgery Date:
5' 8"
Height:
451 lb
Start Weight:
217 lb
Current Weight:
190 lb
Goal Weight:
234 lb
Weight Loss:
27 lb
Lb Left to Lose:
51.8847006652 %
% Lost:
When i get there....
Goal Date:

Body Mass Index
BMI Start:
BMI Current:
BMI Goal:

Weight Loss Method
Roux en Y Gastric Bypass
Send a message via MSN to katress Send a message via Yahoo to katress

What brought you to wanting wls?
i couldnt even walk from the car to the gas station to pay for gas. i was over 450 lbs and my life felt like it was over, and that all my family worried that i would just drop dead one day walking up to the house from the driveway...sad part is i didnt know HOW BIG i really was till i look at the pics now...

What was your story regarding insurance?
i had really good insurance. from the day that i decided to do the WLS, i had surgery within a month. just one psych appt, one dietary, and a primary dr to tell the insurance that i was fat.....and wal-ah wls here i come.

What did you do to prepare for the day?
i researched and watched a lot of you tube vidoes of the procedure, cuz i wanted to know exactly what the hell they were doing to me when i got there. had to go about 2 hours away from home for the surgery, so i stayed in a hotel the night before with my mom and sister that had WLS 4 years prior.
What was your type of WLS?
RNY

How did you emotionally adjust to being a new smaller size?
i dont know yet, people always say "oh look at you skinny lady" and ya know what if i saw someone that was 260 i wouldnt say that....i know that is just to make me feel good....it works....but i still grab the largest sizes that i find and that bothers me, cuz clearly im not the same size.

How did your family adjust?
they were ECSTATIC that i was going through with it....my sister that had the WLS before, seemed happy until i started to loss the weight and then she got kinda short with me, i think that the spotlight is off her now and the time for celebration is mine....i still love her though...

What complications did you have, and how did you cope with them?
Gas pains that sent me to the ER. that was terrible...otherwise low blood pressure and an iron deficincy. due to female issue that lasted for about 11 months STRAIGHT....Yes that was HORRID....but it has stopped now. Otherwise nothing really.

What you are now able to do that you weren't before?
well i was able to walk my dog for the first time ever and i have had her for over 4 years. i can jog with her now, i can stand for more than 2 minutes without leaning on something, i dont snore, can sleep however i want, i can clip and paint my toes, wear smaller clothes, sex is WAY better, but honestly i can stop crying about being so unhappy because i am the happiest Katie that i have ever been. im 32 and i can finally have the life that i wanted.

What health problems you had that have now gone or reduced - sleep apnia, diabetes?
Honestly i didnt have ANY health problems, that were diagnosed...the doc said that for being as HUGE as i was, i was remarkably healthy other than i couldnt do ANYTHING....no diabetes, no thyroid, no high blood pressure.....i did snore like a John Deere tractor though.....but that is gone and my man is soooooooooooooooooo happy about that....My life has finally started and i owe it to my surgeon and the job that gave me the insurance that made my new life possible.
ReplyPost New Thread

« - | Moving »